Man arrested on suspicion of drug driving after Lowestoft crash
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving following a crash in Lowestoft this morning.
The smash happened in Victoria Road at 7am Saturday.
The man was also arrested with failing to stop at a crash and dangerous driving and was taken in for questioning.
Police said that the driver of the vehicle had fled the scene on foot.
Work by Suffolk Police's Safer Neighbourhood Team later led them to the motorist's location.
Victoria Road was closed by police following the crash and remained blocked for several hours.
Suffolk Police have been approached for more information.
- 1 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 2 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 3 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 4 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 5 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 6 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 7 Man involved in the supply of ecstasy could be jailed
- 8 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 9 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
- 10 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed