Man assaulted in Lowestoft by three males
- Credit: Google
A man was assaulted in Lowestoft yesterday.
The incident occurred at approximately 6pm on Hollingsworth Road, near Tesco Express on August 31.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was putting his shopping away in the Tesco car park when a silver Ford Focus pulled up beside him.
Two males exited the car and, after an altercation, the victim got on his bike to ride away.
The victim was then chased by the suspects and when he stopped they repeatedly punched him in the head.
The victim had to attend hospital for treatment of his wounds.
Police have arrested three males on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Car smashes through barrier after two-car crash in Lowestoft
- 3 'A great hero': Terry Butcher hailed on return to hometown
- 4 Lowestoft venue teams up with police to carry out drug tests on clubbers
- 5 Dad's anger after bike worth £3,000 stolen from Lowestoft park
- 6 Organisers 'overwhelmed' as Nearly Festival makes welcome return
- 7 Chicken restaurant reveals first winner of new 'wing sting' challenge
- 8 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 9 Drink-driver who breached suspended sentence avoids jail
- 10 Transformation of town's former hospital site complete
The three males, aged 17, 18, and 38, were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where they remain.
Police are asking for anyone with information, who saw the assault or knows who was responsible, to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting crime reference 37/48109/21.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.