Man assaulted in Lowestoft by three males
- Credit: Google
A man was assaulted in Lowestoft yesterday.
The incident occurred at approximately 6pm on Hollingsworth Road, near Tesco Express on August 31.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was putting his shopping away in the Tesco car park when a silver Ford Focus pulled up beside him.
Two males exited the car and, after an altercation, the victim got on his bike to ride away.
The victim was then chased by the suspects and when he stopped they repeatedly punched him in the head.
You may also want to watch:
The victim had to attend hospital for treatment of his wounds.
Police have arrested three males on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
The three males, aged 17, 18, and 38, were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where they remain.
Police are asking for anyone with information, who saw the assault or knows who was responsible, to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting crime reference 37/48109/21.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.