Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- Credit: Mick Howes
A man has appeared in court after being charged with a robbery in which he threatened staff with a toy gun before taking a soft drink.
Police were called to Kings Kebab on London Road South, Kirkley in Lowestoft, at about 11.40pm on Tuesday (September 21) after reports staff were threatened with a gun by a man who took a can of soft drink and left on foot.
Minutes later, police were called again by a man who said he had been threatened by a man carrying a gun in the communal area of a flat on London Road South.
Armed officers were called and at 12.54am a suspect was located and arrested.
Daniel Burrows, 33, of London Road South in Lowestoft, has been charged with possession of a firearm, namely a toy gun, with intent to cause fear of violence, robbery and possession of a class B controlled drug, namely cannabis.
He appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Thursday (September 23) when the case was formally sent to Ipswich Crown Court on October 21.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 6 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew