Man suffers 'potentially life-changing' injury in A12 crash
- Credit: Lowestoft South Fire Station Twitter
A man in his 30s was taken to hospital following a serious crash on the A12.
Police, the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) and a rapid response vehicle responded after the man was involved in a collision with a car on the A12 at Henstead, near Lowestoft about 9.15pm on January 5.
Officers are appealing for witnesses following the serious crash on the A12 in Henstead, involving a male pedestrian and a blue Vauxhall Corsa.
A police spokesman said: "The pedestrian was taken by ambulance to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment to a potentially life-changing leg injury."
The northbound section of the A12 was closed for over two hours, reopening at 11.35pm.
An air ambulance spokesman said: "The critical care team from Anglia One was tasked near to Lowestoft by rapid response vehicle to assist EEAST and police with a man in his 30s who was injured in a road traffic collision.
"Doctor Victor Inyang and critical care paramedic Ben Caine gave the patient a full assessment and provided enhanced care at the scene, including sedating the patient and splinting an injury."
- 1 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 2 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
- 3 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 4 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 5 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 6 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Brickwork students enjoy masterclass at development site
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
Witnesses – including anyone driving in the area at the time with a dashcam fitted in their vehicle – should contact the Roads and Armed Policing Team at Martlesham, quoting reference 808/21 on 101 or email Byron.Hearsum@suffolk.pnn.police.uk