Suspended sentence for man after thefts from 'a number of shops'
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who stole more than £800 worth of items from various shops in Lowestoft has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Lee Streeter, 51, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to six counts of theft from numerous shops in Lowestoft, which happened between April 17 and April 28.
After being arrested by police on Wednesday on suspicion of committing a number of shoplifting offences in Lowestoft, Streeter was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and subsequently charged with six counts of theft.
A police spokesman said: "The thefts took place from a number of shops in Lowestoft between April 17 and 28.
"The value of the items stolen was more than £800."
Streeter appeared before Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, April 29, and pleaded guilty to all charges.
He was sentenced to 26 weeks’ imprisonment, suspended for 12-months.
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
He was also ordered to pay £50 in compensation.