Suspended sentence for man after thefts from 'a number of shops'
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who stole more than £800 worth of items from various shops in Lowestoft has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Lee Streeter, 51, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to six counts of theft from numerous shops in Lowestoft, which happened between April 17 and April 28.
After being arrested by police on Wednesday on suspicion of committing a number of shoplifting offences in Lowestoft, Streeter was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and subsequently charged with six counts of theft.
A police spokesman said: "The thefts took place from a number of shops in Lowestoft between April 17 and 28.
"The value of the items stolen was more than £800."
Streeter appeared before Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, April 29, and pleaded guilty to all charges.
He was sentenced to 26 weeks’ imprisonment, suspended for 12-months.
- 1 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 2 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 3 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 4 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 5 VW Golf seized and BMW driver warned over loud exhaust in Lowestoft
- 6 'A first for Lowestoft': Joy as new outdoor fitness equipment unveiled
- 7 WATCH: Three people and two dogs rescued from car fire
- 8 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 9 Corton's Got Talent! Inspirational pupils' show for hundreds of parents
- 10 TV and sound bar among electrical items stolen from east Suffolk home
He was also ordered to pay £50 in compensation.