Suspended sentence for man after thefts from 'a number of shops'
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who stole more than £800 worth of items from various shops in Lowestoft has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Lee Streeter, 51, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to six counts of theft from numerous shops in Lowestoft, which happened between April 17 and April 28.
After being arrested by police on Wednesday on suspicion of committing a number of shoplifting offences in Lowestoft, Streeter was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and subsequently charged with six counts of theft.
A police spokesman said: "The thefts took place from a number of shops in Lowestoft between April 17 and 28.
"The value of the items stolen was more than £800."
Streeter appeared before Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, April 29, and pleaded guilty to all charges.
He was sentenced to 26 weeks’ imprisonment, suspended for 12-months.
- 1 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 2 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 3 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 4 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 5 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 6 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 9 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
- 10 Suffolk's sensational year on screen as filmmakers spend millions in county
He was also ordered to pay £50 in compensation.