Suspended sentence for man after thefts from 'a number of shops'
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who stole more than £800 worth of items from various shops in Lowestoft has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Lee Streeter, 51, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to six counts of theft from numerous shops in Lowestoft, which happened between April 17 and April 28.
After being arrested by police on Wednesday on suspicion of committing a number of shoplifting offences in Lowestoft, Streeter was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and subsequently charged with six counts of theft.
A police spokesman said: "The thefts took place from a number of shops in Lowestoft between April 17 and 28.
"The value of the items stolen was more than £800."
Streeter appeared before Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, April 29, and pleaded guilty to all charges.
He was sentenced to 26 weeks’ imprisonment, suspended for 12-months.
- 1 Empty town centre store sells ahead of auction
- 2 Lifeboat launched to kayakers 'in trouble' off coast
- 3 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 4 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 5 Man who assaulted young girl has sex offences prevention order lifted
- 6 See inside a nuclear reactor - we take behind the scenes trip to Sizewell B
- 7 Plea to identify woman after staffie attacks three dogs in Kessingland
- 8 Wartime romance recalled by Lowestoft centenarian
- 9 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 10 'Sadistic' couple jailed for campaign of abuse against children
He was also ordered to pay £50 in compensation.