Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- Credit: Google Maps
Police are appealing for information after a car driver deliberately knocked a cyclist off his bike.
The attack happened between 7pm and 7.30pm on Thursday, January 7, in Market Place, Bungay.
The cyclist, a man in his 20s, was going along Trinity Street, when a car driver drove too close to him outside Wightman’s shop.
The cyclist then caught up with the car in Market Place and shouted at the driver, police said, who then drove the car at the cyclist and knocked him off his bike, before driving away.
This resulted in the cyclist sustaining elbow, knee and hand injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a white man aged in his 40s or 50s and of heavy build. He was driving a black, soft-top convertible car - possibly a three-door Mercedes.
If you have seen this man or if you have information about this incident contact the Crime Coordination Team, quoting reference: 1724/21.
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 6 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 7 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 8 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"