Man in helmet damages motorbike during failed theft
- Credit: Google Images
A motorbike was scratched and a wall was damaged during an attempted theft in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses and are appealing for information in connection with the early morning attempted theft of the motorbike from a home.
It was parked in the front garden of a home on Enstone Road, Kirkley when it happened between 2am and 2.50am on Friday, May 21.
A police spokesman said: "An unknown male youth wearing a motorbike helmet has attempted to start a motorbike parked in the front garden by breaking the ignition.
"The male has then tried to push the motorbike out of the garden, has scratched the bike and damaged a wall.
"The motorbike has been left in situ and it is thought the offender was disturbed and left.
"Can you help?"
Information to Lowestoft Police, quoting crime reference 37/26656/21, on 101 or email PC Jamie Holland.
- 1 Lowestoft's new beach huts hit the market at £30,000 each
- 2 Vandals target parked car with damage caused overnight
- 3 Man arrested and charged following robbery at Shell garage
- 4 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 5 Lowestoft Co-op now on Just Eat
- 6 Woman arrested after cannabis and edible highs seized in police raid
- 7 Family of 'beautiful' Tilli, five, launch appeal to aid rehabilitation
- 8 Taco Bell set to open in McDonald's former town centre premises
- 9 Find a new family for cat made homeless after a puppy moved in
- 10 Firefighter takes home world champion title after boxing ring return
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111.