Man in helmet damages motorbike during failed theft
- Credit: Google Images
A motorbike was scratched and a wall was damaged during an attempted theft in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses and are appealing for information in connection with the early morning attempted theft of the motorbike from a home.
It was parked in the front garden of a home on Enstone Road, Kirkley when it happened between 2am and 2.50am on Friday, May 21.
A police spokesman said: "An unknown male youth wearing a motorbike helmet has attempted to start a motorbike parked in the front garden by breaking the ignition.
"The male has then tried to push the motorbike out of the garden, has scratched the bike and damaged a wall.
You may also want to watch:
"The motorbike has been left in situ and it is thought the offender was disturbed and left.
"Can you help?"
Information to Lowestoft Police, quoting crime reference 37/26656/21, on 101 or email PC Jamie Holland.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 9 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111.