Man in helmet damages motorbike during failed theft
- Credit: Google Images
A motorbike was scratched and a wall was damaged during an attempted theft in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses and are appealing for information in connection with the early morning attempted theft of the motorbike from a home.
It was parked in the front garden of a home on Enstone Road, Kirkley when it happened between 2am and 2.50am on Friday, May 21.
A police spokesman said: "An unknown male youth wearing a motorbike helmet has attempted to start a motorbike parked in the front garden by breaking the ignition.
"The male has then tried to push the motorbike out of the garden, has scratched the bike and damaged a wall.
You may also want to watch:
"The motorbike has been left in situ and it is thought the offender was disturbed and left.
"Can you help?"
Information to Lowestoft Police, quoting crime reference 37/26656/21, on 101 or email PC Jamie Holland.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111.