Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- Credit: NS Police Dogs Twitter
A motorist has been charged after he was found to be nearly four times the legal drink-drive limit.
Police were called following reports that a car had crashed into a wall on a village road in Somerleyton in the early hours of Saturday morning (April 10).
With officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team and the Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dog Unit responding, searches were carried out around the B1074 road in the village after the driver of the white car fled following the crash.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dog Unit said Pd Harry tracked the driver into a field, with the motorist soon found "hidden in brambles in the bottom of a ditch."
In a tweet, the team revealed the driver was then arrested for drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
It said: "One en route to custody having provided a breath reading of 135ugs."
On Saturday evening, the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team confirmed the man has been charged.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes