Dog dies from poisoning after getting 'treats' from elderly man
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have issued a warning to dog owners after a nine-year-old Bullmastiff was poisoned after receiving 'treats.'
The incident took place in the Corton Woods area of Lowestoft on Wednesday, March 3.
The dog was fed an unknown substance by an elderly gentleman, described as ‘treats’ in the Corton Wood area. The dog, a nine year old Bullmastiff, became ill and died the following day.
Another incident in the same area, Corton Woods, on the morning of Saturday, March 6 saw a dog that had been for a walk in the woods become seriously ill later the same day.
It required veterinary treatment and survived.
You may also want to watch:
The vet said it was likely it had eaten something that had poisoned it.
This dog was not approached by anyone during its walk on the Saturday morning.
- 1 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 2 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 8 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 9 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
Anyone who has experienced a similar situation in the Corton Woods area when out walking with their dog is asked to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/11545/21