Dog dies from poisoning after getting 'treats' from elderly man
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have issued a warning to dog owners after a nine-year-old Bullmastiff was poisoned after receiving 'treats.'
The incident took place in the Corton Woods area of Lowestoft on Wednesday, March 3.
The dog was fed an unknown substance by an elderly gentleman, described as ‘treats’ in the Corton Wood area. The dog, a nine year old Bullmastiff, became ill and died the following day.
Another incident in the same area, Corton Woods, on the morning of Saturday, March 6 saw a dog that had been for a walk in the woods become seriously ill later the same day.
It required veterinary treatment and survived.
You may also want to watch:
The vet said it was likely it had eaten something that had poisoned it.
This dog was not approached by anyone during its walk on the Saturday morning.
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 3 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 4 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 9 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
Anyone who has experienced a similar situation in the Corton Woods area when out walking with their dog is asked to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/11545/21