Lowestoft hit by a string of motorbike thefts
- Credit: Google Maps
A coastal town has been hit by a string of motorbike thefts.
One incident took place on Saturday, March 27 at about 3.30am on Cambridge Road in Lowestoft where an attempt was made to steal a grey Javelin 125cc.
It is thought three men were in the area dressed in dark clothing and on two motorbikes, with bolt croppers also seen.
Elsewhere, on Rose Court in Lowestoft, a grey Yamaha bike was stolen at some point between Saturday, March 27 at 1.30am and 8.35am on Sunday, March 28 where two people cut the security chain on the bike.
In Kessingland at a property on Church Road a Suzuki Bandit was taken in the early hours of Saturday, March 27 but was located the same morning in the Cooper’s Drive area.
Witnesses or who saw anything suspicious should contact Lowestoft police.
Owners of motorcycles are reminded of the following crime prevention security advice on the Suffolk police website:
- 1 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 2 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 6 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 7 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 10 Suffolk's sensational year on screen as filmmakers spend millions in county