Lowestoft hit by a string of motorbike thefts
- Credit: Google Maps
A coastal town has been hit by a string of motorbike thefts.
One incident took place on Saturday, March 27 at about 3.30am on Cambridge Road in Lowestoft where an attempt was made to steal a grey Javelin 125cc.
It is thought three men were in the area dressed in dark clothing and on two motorbikes, with bolt croppers also seen.
Elsewhere, on Rose Court in Lowestoft, a grey Yamaha bike was stolen at some point between Saturday, March 27 at 1.30am and 8.35am on Sunday, March 28 where two people cut the security chain on the bike.
In Kessingland at a property on Church Road a Suzuki Bandit was taken in the early hours of Saturday, March 27 but was located the same morning in the Cooper’s Drive area.
Witnesses or who saw anything suspicious should contact Lowestoft police.
Owners of motorcycles are reminded of the following crime prevention security advice on the Suffolk police website:
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region