Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- Credit: Mick Howes
A second man has been arrested in relation to an incident in Lowestoft which saw a main road closed for hours.
Police attended a scene in the London Road South area at 10.40am on Saturday, September 18, as part of enquiries into an investigation.
The road was closed until the afternoon, and a 38-year-old man was arrested at roughly 1.45pm on suspicion of firearm offences and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains.
Shortly afterwards London Road South was reopened, however officers remained in attendance while looking for a second suspect.
At 2.50pm, a 37-year-old man handed himself in to police at Lowestoft police station and was arrested on suspicion of firearms offences.
He has been taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
No one was injured and police are not looking for anyone else in relation to the incident.
Armed officers have been stood down, however police remain on the scene at London Road South as enquiries continue.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police quoting CAD 123 of September 18 on 101.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Car smashes through barrier after two-car crash in Lowestoft
- 3 'A great hero': Terry Butcher hailed on return to hometown
- 4 Lowestoft venue teams up with police to carry out drug tests on clubbers
- 5 Dad's anger after bike worth £3,000 stolen from Lowestoft park
- 6 Organisers 'overwhelmed' as Nearly Festival makes welcome return
- 7 Chicken restaurant reveals first winner of new 'wing sting' challenge
- 8 Transformation of town's former hospital site complete
- 9 Drink-driver who breached suspended sentence avoids jail
- 10 New Taco Bell restaurant step closer to town centre unveiling
People can also call Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.