Investigations ongoing after stolen moped involved in crash
- Credit: Archant
Police investigations are continuing after a moped was stolen from the driveway of a home and later involved in a crash.
A 15-year-old boy from Lowestoft was arrested on suspicion of theft in connection with the incident, which happened in Carlton Colville, Lowestoft on June 15.
A red Honda moped was stolen from a home on Beccles Road, Carlton Colville between 8am and 12.30pm.
It was later involved in a crash with a Renault Megane car on Tom Crisp Way just before 5pm.
One of the riders of the moped fled the scene while the other rider - a teenage boy - suffered a broken leg and was taken to hospital.
A 15-year-old boy from Lowestoft was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and later released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
Now, almost six months on, a police spokesman said that the teenager remains "released under investigation" with inquiries "ongoing"
- 1 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 2 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 3 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 4 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 5 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 6 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s
- 7 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 8 Motorbike stolen during overnight theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Police hunt wanted man with links along Norfolk and Waveney coast
- 10 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown
Information to Lowestoft Police, quoting crime reference 31755/21, on 101.