Teen escapes after stolen moped is involved in crash
- Credit: Google Images
A moped stolen from the driveway of a home was later involved in a crash in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after a red Honda moped was stolen from the driveway of a home on Beccles Road, Carlton Colville between 8am and 12.30pm on Tuesday, June 15.
The moped, registration AU67 PXB, was later spotted in the Pakefield area, before it was involved in a crash with a car on Tom Crisp Way.
A police spokesman said: "At about 4.50pm, the moped was located being ridden by two boys in the Stradbroke Road area.
"The vehicle failed to stop for police and drove off. Officers did not pursue the vehicle."
At 4.54pm, police received reports of a crash on Tom Crisp Way, involving the stolen moped and a Renault Megane car.
Police said that "one of the riders of the moped fled the scene" while the other rider - a teenage boy - suffered a broken leg and was taken to hospital for treatment.
- 1 Deal struck to acquire major Lowestoft shopping centre
- 2 New car rental development unveiled to 'rejuvenate vacant site'
- 3 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid
- 4 Road to be closed as next phase of major flood defence works begin
- 5 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 6 Next stage of ultrafast broadband construction work to begin
- 7 Taco Bell set to open in McDonald's former town centre premises
- 8 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 9 Lowestoft's new beach huts hit the market at £30,000 each
- 10 Vandals target parked car with damage caused overnight
The driver of the car was not injured.
Information to Lowestoft Police, quoting crime reference 31755/21, on 101 or email Matthew.Johnson2@suffolk.police.uk