Warning after spate of motorbike and moped thefts
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have warned motorbike and moped riders after a spate of thefts in a coastal town.
Officers have linked a number of incidents around Lowestoft and have urged owners to be vigilant about security and report any suspicious activity.
A Honda Vision moped was stolen from a home on North Parade at some point between March 1 at 10pm and March 2 at 6am, while another Honda Vision, in black, was taken from Compass Street between March 4 at 8.30pm and March 5 at 3pm.
Sometime between 1.30am and 9am on March 5,
a Honda CBR 125 motorbike was taken from Oulton Broad and later found damaged near the tram line at Gorse Green.
A black Honda SH300 was also found damaged and abandoned after being taken from Grosvenor Road between March 5 at 11pm and March 6 at 7.25am.
A moped was also stolen from Hollingsworth Road between sometime March 1 and March 8.
- 1 Teen warned jail sentence 'almost inevitable' for cocaine dealing
- 2 Two men in 20s arrested after serious Lowestoft assault
- 3 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 4 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket
- 5 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
- 6 Man denies robbing alleged victim of mobile phone
- 7 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
- 8 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 9 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Anyone with information about the incidents is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/10471/21.