Warning after spate of motorbike and moped thefts
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have warned motorbike and moped riders after a spate of thefts in a coastal town.
Officers have linked a number of incidents around Lowestoft and have urged owners to be vigilant about security and report any suspicious activity.
A Honda Vision moped was stolen from a home on North Parade at some point between March 1 at 10pm and March 2 at 6am, while another Honda Vision, in black, was taken from Compass Street between March 4 at 8.30pm and March 5 at 3pm.
Sometime between 1.30am and 9am on March 5,
a Honda CBR 125 motorbike was taken from Oulton Broad and later found damaged near the tram line at Gorse Green.
You may also want to watch:
A black Honda SH300 was also found damaged and abandoned after being taken from Grosvenor Road between March 5 at 11pm and March 6 at 7.25am.
A moped was also stolen from Hollingsworth Road between sometime March 1 and March 8.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
Anyone with information about the incidents is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/10471/21.