Warning after spate of motorbike and moped thefts
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have warned motorbike and moped riders after a spate of thefts in a coastal town.
Officers have linked a number of incidents around Lowestoft and have urged owners to be vigilant about security and report any suspicious activity.
A Honda Vision moped was stolen from a home on North Parade at some point between March 1 at 10pm and March 2 at 6am, while another Honda Vision, in black, was taken from Compass Street between March 4 at 8.30pm and March 5 at 3pm.
Sometime between 1.30am and 9am on March 5,
a Honda CBR 125 motorbike was taken from Oulton Broad and later found damaged near the tram line at Gorse Green.
You may also want to watch:
A black Honda SH300 was also found damaged and abandoned after being taken from Grosvenor Road between March 5 at 11pm and March 6 at 7.25am.
A moped was also stolen from Hollingsworth Road between sometime March 1 and March 8.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 5 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 10 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
Anyone with information about the incidents is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/10471/21.