Warning after spate of motorbike and moped thefts
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have warned motorbike and moped riders after a spate of thefts in a coastal town.
Officers have linked a number of incidents around Lowestoft and have urged owners to be vigilant about security and report any suspicious activity.
A Honda Vision moped was stolen from a home on North Parade at some point between March 1 at 10pm and March 2 at 6am, while another Honda Vision, in black, was taken from Compass Street between March 4 at 8.30pm and March 5 at 3pm.
Sometime between 1.30am and 9am on March 5,
a Honda CBR 125 motorbike was taken from Oulton Broad and later found damaged near the tram line at Gorse Green.
You may also want to watch:
A black Honda SH300 was also found damaged and abandoned after being taken from Grosvenor Road between March 5 at 11pm and March 6 at 7.25am.
A moped was also stolen from Hollingsworth Road between sometime March 1 and March 8.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 5 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 6 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 9 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 10 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
Anyone with information about the incidents is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/10471/21.