'Do not use the link': Warning over scam emails
- Credit: Rawpixel.com - Fotolia
Businesses are being warned following numerous reports of scam emails being sent that claim to be from Companies House.
Suffolk Trading Standards has warned people to be aware of the 'company complaint' emails from someone purporting to be from Companies House.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "Business Scam Alert!
"We are getting reports from many businesses of an email purporting to be from Companies House.
"If you get this email, do not use the link.
"The link goes to a php page that isn't hosted on a UK Government website."
The email states: "We've received an online company complaint ref-101220-OCC6XU73R290HT8."
- 1 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 2 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 3 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 4 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 5 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 6 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 10 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
It has the subject header: "Online company complaint ref-151220-BTC2XU590R2HT8."
Trading Standards officers warned that if you get this email, then you should forward it to to the national Cyber Security Centre's Suspicious Email Reporting Service (SERS) at Report@Phishing.Gov.UK