Teen arrested after police raid finds large amount of cannabis and ketamine
- Credit: PA
An 18-year-old has been arrested after police discovered a large amount of cannabis and ketamine at a home near Lowestoft.
Officers carried out a raid at an address in Carlton Colville, on Wednesday, July 13.
During the search of the property they discovered cannabis thought to be worth in excess of £1000 and around four wraps of ketamine.
They also found four mobile phones and a quantity of cash from the address and paraphernalia associated with drugs.
A man, 18, was later arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He has since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
A police spokesman said: "We remain committed to ensuring the county remains a hostile environment for those involved in the illegal supply of drugs.
- 1 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 2 Thieves in white van flee with items left 'unattended' in alleyway
- 3 New fully vegan café to open in Lowestoft
- 4 Escaped snake 'under house arrest' after being reunited with owner
- 5 Go-ahead for kiosks to be unveiled in historic market area
- 6 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 7 Missing Ipswich teenager found, police confirm
- 8 Ahoy me hearties! All smiles as popular playpark reopens
- 9 Dates announced for return of popular Illuminated Gardens event
- 10 'Anger and resentment' remains over controversial archives move
"Our objectives are to identify dealers of drugs and to disrupt and dismantle their activity and to identify those who are being exploited by their vulnerability.
"If you're concerned about drug related activity in their neighbourhood should contact police via our online reporting tool."
Anyone with information should call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference 37/44191/22.