Investigations ongoing after moped stolen and crashed
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are ongoing after a moped was stolen from the driveway of a home and later involved in a crash.
A 15-year-old boy from Lowestoft was arrested on suspicion of theft in connection with the incident, which happened in Carlton Colville on June 15.
A red Honda moped was stolen from a home on Beccles Road, Carlton Colville between 8am and 12.30pm before it was involved in a crash with a Renault Megane car on Tom Crisp Way just before 5pm.
One of the riders of the moped fled the scene while the other rider - a teenage boy - suffered a broken leg and was taken to hospital.
The driver of the car was not injured.
A 15-year-old boy from Lowestoft was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and later released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
This week, a police spokesman said: "Enquiries are ongoing."
Any information should be given to Lowestoft Police, quoting crime reference 31755/21, on 101.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC