'Please refuse to buy': Fresh warning as 'Nottingham Knockers' target homes
- Credit: Suffolk Trading Standards
Homeowners are being urged to remain vigilant following a spate of unwanted house calls.
Suffolk Trading Standards has issued a fresh warning to residents about a group of people, who have been attempting to sell household items in the Lowestoft and Beccles area.
Now they have been reported "calling at properties in Mutford" on Tuesday, May 25.
They knock at doors and claim to be ex-convicts attempting to mend their ways, before trying to sell the householder everyday household products at very high prices.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "They may still be in the area or could have moved on elsewhere in the county or East Suffolk area.
"These Nottingham Knockers work in gangs across the country and they are not involved in any officially recognised offender rehabilitation programme.
"If you are approached at the door, please refuse to buy."
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Thug who 'climbed in window and threatened man for over an hour' is jailed
- 3 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 4 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 5 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 6 'A fantastic accolade': Top award honour for community staff nurse
- 7 Weightlifter abused hospital staff after five day drinking binge
- 8 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 9 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 10 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
Instead report them to Trading Standards via 0808 223 1133.