'Please refuse to buy': Fresh warning as 'Nottingham Knockers' target homes
- Credit: Suffolk Trading Standards
Homeowners are being urged to remain vigilant following a spate of unwanted house calls.
Suffolk Trading Standards has issued a fresh warning to residents about a group of people, who have been attempting to sell household items in the Lowestoft and Beccles area.
Now they have been reported "calling at properties in Mutford" on Tuesday, May 25.
They knock at doors and claim to be ex-convicts attempting to mend their ways, before trying to sell the householder everyday household products at very high prices.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "They may still be in the area or could have moved on elsewhere in the county or East Suffolk area.
You may also want to watch:
"These Nottingham Knockers work in gangs across the country and they are not involved in any officially recognised offender rehabilitation programme.
"If you are approached at the door, please refuse to buy."
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
Instead report them to Trading Standards via 0808 223 1133.