'Please refuse to buy': Fresh warning as 'Nottingham Knockers' target homes
- Credit: Suffolk Trading Standards
Homeowners are being urged to remain vigilant following a spate of unwanted house calls.
Suffolk Trading Standards has issued a fresh warning to residents about a group of people, who have been attempting to sell household items in the Lowestoft and Beccles area.
Now they have been reported "calling at properties in Mutford" on Tuesday, May 25.
They knock at doors and claim to be ex-convicts attempting to mend their ways, before trying to sell the householder everyday household products at very high prices.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "They may still be in the area or could have moved on elsewhere in the county or East Suffolk area.
You may also want to watch:
"These Nottingham Knockers work in gangs across the country and they are not involved in any officially recognised offender rehabilitation programme.
"If you are approached at the door, please refuse to buy."
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 3 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 4 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 5 Your Lowestoft Journal has a new community editor
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 8 Firefighters set to cycle length of UK raising mental health awareness
- 9 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
Instead report them to Trading Standards via 0808 223 1133.