'Please refuse to buy': Fresh warning as 'Nottingham Knockers' target homes
- Credit: Suffolk Trading Standards
Homeowners are being urged to remain vigilant following a spate of unwanted house calls.
Suffolk Trading Standards has issued a fresh warning to residents about a group of people, who have been attempting to sell household items in the Lowestoft and Beccles area.
Now they have been reported "calling at properties in Mutford" on Tuesday, May 25.
They knock at doors and claim to be ex-convicts attempting to mend their ways, before trying to sell the householder everyday household products at very high prices.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "They may still be in the area or could have moved on elsewhere in the county or East Suffolk area.
"These Nottingham Knockers work in gangs across the country and they are not involved in any officially recognised offender rehabilitation programme.
"If you are approached at the door, please refuse to buy."
- 1 'Historic' ground share agreement sealed for season
- 2 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 3 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 4 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 5 'A first for Lowestoft': Joy as new outdoor fitness equipment unveiled
- 6 Hunted winner reveals show secrets in Instagram diary
- 7 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 10 Pair running Suffolk cannabis factory worth up to £167k jailed
Instead report them to Trading Standards via 0808 223 1133.