Man and woman arrested as cash and drugs seized in raid
- Credit: Mark Boggis
Investigations are continuing after two people were arrested in an early morning drugs raid.
Officers from the east Kestrel Team raided a property on Cleveland Road in Kirkley, Lowestoft on Friday, January 7.
Police swooped at about 8am at a property on Cleveland Road, with a quantity of class A and class B drugs seized along with "a substantial amount of cash."
A police spokesman said: "Two people were arrested for the supply of controlled drugs and money laundering.
"An 18-year-old woman and 24-year-old man have both been released under investigation pending further enquiries."
The Neighbourhood Crime Proactive team – or Kestrel team – is dedicated to tackling criminal and ASB challenges that emerge in a particular area.
Supporting Suffolk Police’s capability to address crime and associated anti-social behaviour across the county in apparent ‘hotspots’, they can help tackle issues and concerns which local communities have raised to local officers.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Car smashes through barrier after two-car crash in Lowestoft
- 3 'A great hero': Terry Butcher hailed on return to hometown
- 4 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 5 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 6 Dad's anger after bike worth £3,000 stolen from Lowestoft park
- 7 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 8 Pair running Suffolk cannabis factory worth up to £167k jailed
- 9 Lowestoft venue teams up with police to carry out drug tests on clubbers
- 10 Transformation of town's former hospital site complete
With inquiries ongoing, contact Lowestoft police on 101 quoting crime reference number 37/1200/22.