Man and woman arrested as cash and drugs seized in raid
- Credit: Mark Boggis
Investigations are continuing after two people were arrested in an early morning drugs raid.
Officers from the east Kestrel Team raided a property on Cleveland Road in Kirkley, Lowestoft on Friday, January 7.
Police swooped at about 8am at a property on Cleveland Road, with a quantity of class A and class B drugs seized along with "a substantial amount of cash."
A police spokesman said: "Two people were arrested for the supply of controlled drugs and money laundering.
"An 18-year-old woman and 24-year-old man have both been released under investigation pending further enquiries."
The Neighbourhood Crime Proactive team – or Kestrel team – is dedicated to tackling criminal and ASB challenges that emerge in a particular area.
Supporting Suffolk Police’s capability to address crime and associated anti-social behaviour across the county in apparent ‘hotspots’, they can help tackle issues and concerns which local communities have raised to local officers.
- 1 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 2 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 3 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 4 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 5 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 6 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
- 7 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 8 Clean up operation after potato slurry spill in Lowestoft
- 9 Work begins on demountable flood gate in Lowestoft
- 10 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
With inquiries ongoing, contact Lowestoft police on 101 quoting crime reference number 37/1200/22.