Man arrested and car seized after motorists stopped on same street
- Credit: Google Images
A man was arrested on suspicion of drink and drug offences while a car was seized by police after vehicles were stopped on the same coastal street.
Officers from the Lowestoft Safer Neighbourhood Team stopped a silver Vauxhall on Hollingsworth Road in Lowestoft on Friday, May 21 with the motorist subsequently found to be "a disqualified driver," as the car was seized.
Officers from the Roads & Armed Policing Team (RAPT) had previously stopped a white car on Hollingsworth Road, Lowestoft last weekend.
A police spokesman said: "The driver was found to have a revoked licence and no insurance.
"To add to this he failed the roadside breath test and after a search, he was found in possession of cannabis."
You may also want to watch:
He was subsequently arrested and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre as investigations continue.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles