Man arrested and car seized after motorists stopped on same street
- Credit: Google Images
A man was arrested on suspicion of drink and drug offences while a car was seized by police after vehicles were stopped on the same coastal street.
Officers from the Lowestoft Safer Neighbourhood Team stopped a silver Vauxhall on Hollingsworth Road in Lowestoft on Friday, May 21 with the motorist subsequently found to be "a disqualified driver," as the car was seized.
Officers from the Roads & Armed Policing Team (RAPT) had previously stopped a white car on Hollingsworth Road, Lowestoft last weekend.
A police spokesman said: "The driver was found to have a revoked licence and no insurance.
"To add to this he failed the roadside breath test and after a search, he was found in possession of cannabis."
You may also want to watch:
He was subsequently arrested and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre as investigations continue.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew