Two men in 20s arrested after serious Lowestoft assault
- Credit: Google Maps
Two men in their 20s from Lowestoft have been arrested following a serious assault in the town.
A man was unloading a van with another male when they were approached by two men between 8.45am and 8.55am in Bevan Street East, Lowestoft, on Wednesday.
One of the men is alleged to have punched the victim several times in the face, causing him to fall into the van he was unloading.
The victim later attended James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, having sustained serious injuries to his face and head.
The assault is believed to have followed a verbal altercation between the victim and a man in the town's High Street earlier that morning.
In the early hours of Thursday, police arrested two men in connection with the incident.
They were taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre for questioning, where they remain.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 3 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 4 TV and prescription medicine stolen from Lowestoft home
- 5 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Man bitten on the nose as he tried to make citizen's arrest
- 8 Family's plea for information on engineer's asbestos exposure
- 9 Car smashes through barrier after two-car crash in Lowestoft
- 10 Lowestoft venue teams up with police to carry out drug tests on clubbers
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or who may have information that may assist with the investigation.
Anyone with information has been asked to contact East CID at Lowestoft Police quoting crime reference 37/30268/22 via: http://www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/existing-report-update.