Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Two men who were arrested in connection with firearm offences in Lowestoft this weekend have been bailed.
Armed police officers and other units were called to the London Road South area from around 10:40am on Saturday September 18.
A 38-year-old man was arrested at 1.45pm on suspicion of firearm offences. He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Shortly afterwards London Road South was reopened, however officers remained on the scene while looking for a second suspect.
At 2.50pm, a 37-year-old man handed himself in to police at Lowestoft police station and was arrested on suspicion of firearms offences. He has also been taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Both males have been released on police bail to answer on Monday October 25.
No one was injured and police are not looking for anyone else in relation to this incident.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police quoting crime number 37/51867/21.
Or you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100pc anonymously on 0800 555 111, or call 101.