Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Two men who were arrested in connection with firearm offences in Lowestoft this weekend have been bailed.
Armed police officers and other units were called to the London Road South area from around 10:40am on Saturday September 18.
A 38-year-old man was arrested at 1.45pm on suspicion of firearm offences. He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Shortly afterwards London Road South was reopened, however officers remained on the scene while looking for a second suspect.
At 2.50pm, a 37-year-old man handed himself in to police at Lowestoft police station and was arrested on suspicion of firearms offences. He has also been taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Both males have been released on police bail to answer on Monday October 25.
No one was injured and police are not looking for anyone else in relation to this incident.
- 1 Deal struck to acquire major Lowestoft shopping centre
- 2 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid
- 3 New car rental development unveiled to 'rejuvenate vacant site'
- 4 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 5 Lowestoft's new beach huts hit the market at £30,000 each
- 6 Road to be closed as next phase of major flood defence works begin
- 7 Vandals target parked car with damage caused overnight
- 8 Taco Bell set to open in McDonald's former town centre premises
- 9 Woman arrested after cannabis and edible highs seized in police raid
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police quoting crime number 37/51867/21.
Or you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100pc anonymously on 0800 555 111, or call 101.