Two men in their 20s charged after cannabis farm found
- Credit: IAN BURT
Two men have been charged after a cannabis farm was discovered at a property in Lowestoft.
Suffolk Police were alerted by members of the public and officers were directed to a building off Horn Hill on Wednesday, April 20.
While at the property, they discovered a large cannabis farm with over 500 cannabis plants inside.
Two men were arrested at the scene and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre.
They were subsequently charged with being concerned in the production of cannabis.
Azgan Gashi, aged 20, of no fixed abode, appeared before Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Friday, April 22.
24-year-old Klisman Toci, of no fixed abode, was also charged with criminal damage to a car and appeared before Norwich Magistrates’ Court on Saturday, April 23.
- 1 'A real asset to the town': Traders unveiled for new seafront food hall
- 2 Do you know this man? CCTV appeal launched after Lowestoft assault
- 3 Jail for man caught with £1,000 of cocaine in car
- 4 Find a new family for cat made homeless after a puppy moved in
- 5 Blue Flag status returns to seaside town for first time since 2018
- 6 Air ambulance responds to man in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft builder threw camping chair at woman's head
- 8 New access road unveiled as £126.75m bridge works continue
- 9 'Momentous' celebrations mark WI group's special centenary
- 10 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
Both men were remanded in custody pending appearances at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday, May 20 and Monday, May 23 respectively.
Enquiries into the cannabis factory continue and anyone with any information regarding it or who has seen any suspicious activity should contact police, quoting crime number 23570/22.