Man's death 'unexplained' after body found in south Lowestoft property
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Investigations are under way after the body of a man was discovered inside a property in south Lowestoft.
Emergency services were called to London Road South in Kirkley, Lowestoft on Friday morning (August 20) after concerns were raised for a man's welfare.
After police gained entry to the property, the man was pronounced dead at the scene and investigations were launched.
The man’s death is currently being treated as unexplained at this stage.
Officers arrived at the scene just after 10.20am, with onlookers describing a "large police presence" throughout Friday morning and early afternoon.
A police cordon was set up at the scene, with Forensic Services vans, detectives and patrol cars spotted on London Road South.
On Friday teatime, just one police patrol car remained at the scene.
- 1 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 2 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 3 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 4 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 5 Have you got any memories of the James Paget hospital when it opened?
- 6 Nurseries, pre-schools and primaries see Covid rate rises
- 7 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 8 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 9 Landlord 'sells Lowestoft Banksy work for £2 million'
- 10 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
A police spokesman told this newspaper: "Police received a report today at about 10.20am from the ambulance service following a report of concern for the welfare of a man at a property on London Road South.
"Upon entry officers found a man deceased.
"Enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances and at this stage the death is currently being treated as unexplained."