Man's death 'unexplained' after body found in south Lowestoft property
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Investigations are under way after the body of a man was discovered inside a property in south Lowestoft.
Emergency services were called to London Road South in Kirkley, Lowestoft on Friday morning (August 20) after concerns were raised for a man's welfare.
After police gained entry to the property, the man was pronounced dead at the scene and investigations were launched.
The man’s death is currently being treated as unexplained at this stage.
Officers arrived at the scene just after 10.20am, with onlookers describing a "large police presence" throughout Friday morning and early afternoon.
A police cordon was set up at the scene, with Forensic Services vans, detectives and patrol cars spotted on London Road South.
On Friday teatime, just one police patrol car remained at the scene.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
A police spokesman told this newspaper: "Police received a report today at about 10.20am from the ambulance service following a report of concern for the welfare of a man at a property on London Road South.
"Upon entry officers found a man deceased.
"Enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances and at this stage the death is currently being treated as unexplained."