Warning to Lowestoft homeowners after walk-in burglary
- Credit: Google Images
Householders are being urged to ensure that their doors and windows are closed and secure, even when they are at home, following a walk-in burglary.
Police are seeking information and are appealing for witnesses after a man carried out an early morning search of a home on Clemence Street in Lowestoft.
It happened between 12.50am and 1.10am in the early hours of Monday, May 24.
A police spokesman said: "An unknown male has gained access to the home via a rear door.
"A tidy search has taken place, although nothing has been reported as stolen."
You may also want to watch:
The offender is understood to have left the home via the front door.
If you saw anything suspicious in the vicinity of Clemence Street during these times, call Suffolk Police East CID on 101, quoting crime reference 27092/21, or email PC Durrant.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings