Driver gave police four fake names after being pulled over
- Credit: Google
A driver arrested by police for drink driving tried to pull the wool over officers' eyes - by giving them four different names.
Police were called to Normanston Drive at about 9.30pm on November 16 to reports of a drunk driver.
The reported vehicle was stopped and the driver was made to do a breathalyser test.
When this came back positive, he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
The driver gave police four false names before his fingerprints were scanned and his true identity became known.
When searched in the national police system, it was discovered that the driver was wanted since 2019 for two court matters in the north of the UK.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
- 1 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 2 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 3 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 4 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 5 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 6 Man involved in the supply of ecstasy could be jailed
- 7 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 8 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
- 9 'Incredibly proud': Coastal college manager one of 50 to receive royal recognition
- 10 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed