Weapons, cash and phones found in Mercedes car
- Credit: Google Maps
Three men have been released under investigation by police after weapons, cash and phones were found in a Mercedes car.
Police identified a black Mercedes in the Claremont Pier area of Lowestoft, Suffolk at 1am on Sunday, December 13 and found weapons, cash and phones.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: "Police have arrested three men following a vehicle stop in Lowestoft at the weekend.
"On Sunday 13 December at approximately 1am, officers had cause to stop a black Mercedes driving in the area of Claremont Pier in Lowestoft.
"Following searches, police seized cash, phones and weapons.
You may also want to watch:
"Two men aged in their 30s and a man aged in his 40s were detained on suspicion of possession with intent to supply and possession of an offensive weapon.
"The three men were taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre for questioning and have been released under investigation, pending further enquiries."
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week