Weapons, cash and phones found in Mercedes car
- Credit: Google Maps
Three men have been released under investigation by police after weapons, cash and phones were found in a Mercedes car.
Police identified a black Mercedes in the Claremont Pier area of Lowestoft, Suffolk at 1am on Sunday, December 13 and found weapons, cash and phones.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: "Police have arrested three men following a vehicle stop in Lowestoft at the weekend.
"On Sunday 13 December at approximately 1am, officers had cause to stop a black Mercedes driving in the area of Claremont Pier in Lowestoft.
"Following searches, police seized cash, phones and weapons.
You may also want to watch:
"Two men aged in their 30s and a man aged in his 40s were detained on suspicion of possession with intent to supply and possession of an offensive weapon.
"The three men were taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre for questioning and have been released under investigation, pending further enquiries."
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 3 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 4 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 5 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 8 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight