Crowds enjoy Wild West-themed fun day at Oulton Broad care home
- Credit: Gordon Powles
More than 150 people attended a Wild West-themed fun day at Lilac Lodge care home in Oulton Broad.
Held last Saturday, some entered into the spirit of the event donning cowboy shirts and Stetsons, with the prize for best fancy dress outfit going to three-year-old local youngster Nathan Strozynska.
Visitors were invited into the large garden of the home's Lavender Cottage annexe to take part in a range of games for families from horseshoe ring toss to a tin can alley.
There was also a bouncy castle, face painting and balloon modelling from the Tricky Twister.
A barbecue and a cake and refreshments stall were running throughout the event.
You may also want to watch:
Local musician Gwynn Pritchard also entertained visitors with his country and western repertoire.
The charity event raised around £360 which will be split between Help for Heroes and the Waveney Carers and Friends Group.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 4 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 6 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
- 10 Mountain bike stolen from outside gym on retail park