Crowds enjoy Wild West-themed fun day at Oulton Broad care home
- Credit: Gordon Powles
More than 150 people attended a Wild West-themed fun day at Lilac Lodge care home in Oulton Broad.
Held last Saturday, some entered into the spirit of the event donning cowboy shirts and Stetsons, with the prize for best fancy dress outfit going to three-year-old local youngster Nathan Strozynska.
Visitors were invited into the large garden of the home's Lavender Cottage annexe to take part in a range of games for families from horseshoe ring toss to a tin can alley.
There was also a bouncy castle, face painting and balloon modelling from the Tricky Twister.
A barbecue and a cake and refreshments stall were running throughout the event.
You may also want to watch:
Local musician Gwynn Pritchard also entertained visitors with his country and western repertoire.
The charity event raised around £360 which will be split between Help for Heroes and the Waveney Carers and Friends Group.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'