Crowds enjoy Wild West-themed fun day at Oulton Broad care home
- Credit: Gordon Powles
More than 150 people attended a Wild West-themed fun day at Lilac Lodge care home in Oulton Broad.
Held last Saturday, some entered into the spirit of the event donning cowboy shirts and Stetsons, with the prize for best fancy dress outfit going to three-year-old local youngster Nathan Strozynska.
Visitors were invited into the large garden of the home's Lavender Cottage annexe to take part in a range of games for families from horseshoe ring toss to a tin can alley.
There was also a bouncy castle, face painting and balloon modelling from the Tricky Twister.
A barbecue and a cake and refreshments stall were running throughout the event.
You may also want to watch:
Local musician Gwynn Pritchard also entertained visitors with his country and western repertoire.
The charity event raised around £360 which will be split between Help for Heroes and the Waveney Carers and Friends Group.
- 1 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 2 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 3 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 6 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 7 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 8 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 9 Staggering response to ‘Relight my fire’ campaign
- 10 Welcome to our new website