Cubs and Scouts show that they are good quizzers
- Credit: Archant
Cubs and Scouts from across the Lowestoft district had their knowledge tested when they took part in a fun quiz.
The brainteaser contest, which is an annual event, was held at two venues this year – with the Cubs competing at Poplars Primary School and the Scouts competing at the 4th Lowestoft headquarters.
The Cubs quiz was divided into four rounds each of ten questions based on sport, general knowledge, scouting and logos. All seven Cub packs took part with each team made up of six cubs, with two youngsters aged eight, two aged nine and two aged ten.
The Assistant District Commissioner (Cubs) team, led by Jo-Anna Harley, organised the quiz and the question master was Callum Howard – 'Kaa' from the 1st Oulton Broad group.
Ms Harley said: 'It was a very close contest and a tiebreaker question was needed to determine the winner. I was very impressed by how much these youngsters know and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.'
You may also want to watch:
The winners for the second year were 1st Blundeston with 14th Lowestoft in second place and 2nd Carlton Colville in third place.
Meanwhile teams of Scouts battled it out in the older section to answer questions set by quizmaster Matt Harper, from the 1st Carlton Colville group. The Scouts quiz was divided into ten rounds each of six questions based on nature, history, music, film, general knowledge, science, Scouting, sport, geography and logos.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 9 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 10 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
The winners for the third year running were 14th Lowestoft, who scored 50 out of 60 points, with second place going to 1st Carlton Colville (47 points) and third place to 1st Pakefield (43 points).