Curious squirrel shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful shot capturing a curious squirrel as it cautiously approaches the camera was taken by 24-year-old Emma Pitcher.
Ms Pitcher, of Oulton Broad, used her Nikon D7500 to take the picture at Sparrow's Nest and Gardens, in Lowestoft.
She used peanuts to perk the creature's interest and attract him to the camera for the photo.
Ms Pitcher said: 'It took ages to get this shot but it feels brilliant to win as I love to photograph animals and anything to do with nature.
'I love the image myself as it is so colourful and captures the season perfectly.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Ms Picther receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted