Curious squirrel shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful shot capturing a curious squirrel as it cautiously approaches the camera was taken by 24-year-old Emma Pitcher.
Ms Pitcher, of Oulton Broad, used her Nikon D7500 to take the picture at Sparrow's Nest and Gardens, in Lowestoft.
She used peanuts to perk the creature's interest and attract him to the camera for the photo.
Ms Pitcher said: 'It took ages to get this shot but it feels brilliant to win as I love to photograph animals and anything to do with nature.
'I love the image myself as it is so colourful and captures the season perfectly.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Ms Picther receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 9 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft