Cute fox cub shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This brilliant photograph capturing a cute and curious fox cub staring directly into the camera has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 50-year-old Richard Tomsett from Oulton Broad who used his Canon 1DX2 to take the shot.
He said: 'I came across these foxes purely by chance several weeks ago when the cubs were very young.
'I've been popping back every now and then to see how they are doing - they are growing up fast,
'On Saturday evening a fox came looking in my direction and we made eye contact.
You may also want to watch:
'I fired off a few shots and luckily Mr Fox wasn't bothered by me at all and I got probably the best fox shot I've taken to date.'
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com