Cute photo leads to inaugural Picture of the Week success
- Credit: Archant
Leaving the sanctuary of a warm nest behind them, this trio of inquisitive chicks have ensured a first for a keen amateur photographer.
This cute photo was captured by Andy Deal, of The Street, Carlton Colville – and it has been judged as our Picture of the Week winner.
Mr Deal said it was the first time he had entered a photographic competition - and he was delighted to have been chosen as the winner of our contest. He said: 'The birds were in a nesting box a few metres from our bedroom window and our grandchildren had been watching the parents feed the babies. This Sunday morning, in the wind and rain, the chicks decided to bail out of their nest and landed in our front garden, where the photo was taken while mum went off for supper. I believe there were five babies in total, but only three braved the photo shoot.'
As our winner, Mr Deal receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130. Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images.
We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
You may also want to watch:
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: email@example.com putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 10 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response