Cute photo leads to inaugural Picture of the Week success
- Credit: Archant
Leaving the sanctuary of a warm nest behind them, this trio of inquisitive chicks have ensured a first for a keen amateur photographer.
This cute photo was captured by Andy Deal, of The Street, Carlton Colville – and it has been judged as our Picture of the Week winner.
Mr Deal said it was the first time he had entered a photographic competition - and he was delighted to have been chosen as the winner of our contest. He said: 'The birds were in a nesting box a few metres from our bedroom window and our grandchildren had been watching the parents feed the babies. This Sunday morning, in the wind and rain, the chicks decided to bail out of their nest and landed in our front garden, where the photo was taken while mum went off for supper. I believe there were five babies in total, but only three braved the photo shoot.'
As our winner, Mr Deal receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130. Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images.
We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
You may also want to watch:
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: firstname.lastname@example.org putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Stranded fishing vessel towed to safety by lifeboats