Cutest children around are crowned
- Credit: Archant
It is the moment proud mums, dads, grans and grandads have been waiting for!
The winners of our hugely popular Bonny Baby competition have been announced – with these adorable tots and toddlers being officially crowned the cutest in the town.
Back in July, photographs were taken at Picture Studios in Lowestoft where more than 75 children posed for the camera to enter.
In total 79 photogenic youngsters from across Lowestoft and Southwold headed to portrait specialists Picture Studios in Lowestoft town centre for a photographic sitting.
And after showcasing all the entries over a special five-page Bonny Babies supplement, readers' votes came flooding in – meaning a lot of hard work for us here at The Journal office!
You may also want to watch:
But, eventually, all the voting forms in the two categories – the first for babies aged up to 11 months, and a second category for toddlers aged 12 months to five years – were counted, and we can reveal the winners and runners-up.
The winner in the up to 11 months babies category is Akira Lyons, of High Street, Kessingland, who wins a 20in x 16in canvas texture portrait from Picture Studios valued at £228.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
Runner-up in this category was Arthur Harris, of Rozlyne Close, Carlton Colville, who wins a 10in X 8in framed portrait, worth £57, and third was Darcie Evans, of Raglan Street, who wins an 8in x 6in framed portrait, worth £39.44.
The winner in the toddlers aged 12 months to five years category is Oliver Harris, of Rozlyne Close, Carlton Colville, who wins a 20in x 16in canvas texture portrait from Picture Studios valued at £228.
Second place want to Alyssia Hill, of Newsons Meadow, who wins a 10in x 8in framed portrait, worth £57, and third was Leo Gregory, of Turners Cottages, Lowestoft, who wins an 8in x 6in framed portrait, worth £39.44.
All the winners and runners up will be contacted and we will arrange a special prize-giving for the two winners when the photographs are ready for collection.