Cutting grass is killing trees
OUR avenue trees are being killed by grass strimmers.How? Quite simply they are being ring barked by the grass cutters and in some instances the sapwood is also being cut.
OUR avenue trees are being killed by grass strimmers.
How? Quite simply they are being ring barked by the grass cutters and in some instances the sapwood is also being cut. When the entire tree is ring barked it will die and then it will become a liability and will need, at some expense, to be felled. The solution surely is to stop using these grass cutters.
The grass at the base of the tree should be cut with a pair of long handled shears which would be cheaper in the long run. Alternatively, the grass could be removed at the base of the tree.
It is surely the time to stop using these tree killers. Lastly, is it necessary to cut every blade of grass and leave the cuttings on the cut area?
You may also want to watch:
Dr Alan Beaumont
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 6 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree