Cutting grass is killing trees
OUR avenue trees are being killed by grass strimmers.How? Quite simply they are being ring barked by the grass cutters and in some instances the sapwood is also being cut.
OUR avenue trees are being killed by grass strimmers.
How? Quite simply they are being ring barked by the grass cutters and in some instances the sapwood is also being cut. When the entire tree is ring barked it will die and then it will become a liability and will need, at some expense, to be felled. The solution surely is to stop using these grass cutters.
The grass at the base of the tree should be cut with a pair of long handled shears which would be cheaper in the long run. Alternatively, the grass could be removed at the base of the tree.
It is surely the time to stop using these tree killers. Lastly, is it necessary to cut every blade of grass and leave the cuttings on the cut area?
You may also want to watch:
Dr Alan Beaumont
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Man dies following collision on A12
- 3 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 4 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 5 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 6 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 7 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 8 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 9 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband
- 10 Schoolgirl, 13, makes step up racing ladder ahead of championship