Cyclist from Pakefield makes final preparations for coastal ride challenge
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A keen cyclist is ready to face the biggest challenge of his life on Sunday, as he will attempt to combat the loneliness of biking alone at night to take part in an epic cycle challenge.
David Bullock, 47, of Pakefield, is aiming to cycle 200 miles in 24 hours on a route which will take in Pakefield, Norwich, Fakenham and Hunstanton.
He will then ride back down the coastal road all to raise money for the All Hallows Healthcare Trust, having been a home carer for five years.
Mr Bullock has described how it will be difficult mentally, as well as physically.
'I have always wanted to do a long charity cycle ride, so a fund-raiser seemed the most obvious thing to do.
You may also want to watch:
'It is going to be really tough as I am not a serious biker but I am working my way up to the distance through my training.
'I was going to do a cycle ride for Alzheimer's three years ago, but that was only 100 miles and it was cancelled due to the rain.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 4 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 5 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 6 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 7 Your Lowestoft Journal has a new community editor
- 8 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
'I think the coastal breeze will be tough and being on your own all night in the dark,' he said.
Mr Bullock is raising money for the trust and their hospital in Ditchingham, which is close to his heart.
To pledge your support to Mr Bullock's cycle ride, visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/DavidBullock1
Are you raising money for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org