Cyclist suffers serious leg injury in crash with car
- Credit: Google Maps
A cyclist was taken to hospital after a "serious" crash with a car in Lowestoft.
Emergency services were called to the B1532 London Road South, at the junction with The Avenue, in Lowestoft on Thursday, December 10.
The collision, which happened at around 5.05pm, involved a black VW Golf and a bicycle, with the cyclist taken to the James Paget Hospital with a serious leg injury.
He was then transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, where he remains, a spokesperson for Suffolk Police confirmed.
The road was initially closed for a collision investigation to take place.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have now appealed for any witnesses to the collision, or anyone with dashcam footage of the vehicle or cyclist before the collision, to contact Sgt Paul Jackson of the joint Roads and Armed Policing Team on 101, quoting crime reference number 290 of December 10.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 8 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town