Dangerous drivers forget to indicate
I THINK that the drivers in and around the Lowestoft area have forgotten how to indicate.As a cyclist through Lowestoft town I've had more than my share of near misses and got hit once.
I THINK that the drivers in and around the Lowestoft area have forgotten how to indicate.
As a cyclist through Lowestoft town I've had more than my share of near misses and got hit once.
As a motorcyclist now I fear for my life every day.
The last straw for me came at the A146/A143 roundabout when I was heading towards Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
I started to overtake three cars that were following a tanker truck. I wear a hi-vis orange coat and overtook the first car and as I further accelerated to overtake the others they both pulled out to go past the tanker and neither of them indicated.
Had I been riding a more powerful bike I have no doubt that I would have been lying in the road within a matter of moments because it was clear that neither driver took any notice of what was going on behind or around them.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 4 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 7 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 8 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 9 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 10 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
Luckily I ride a 125cc Honda scooter and I don't have a great deal of acceleration but to the drivers of the two cars I want to say thank you for giving me yet more reasons not to want to get my driver's license and become a fellow car driver.
I feel far safer on my bike than I would in a car in traffic with people like those on the road.