Dangerous drivers forget to indicate
I THINK that the drivers in and around the Lowestoft area have forgotten how to indicate.As a cyclist through Lowestoft town I've had more than my share of near misses and got hit once.
I THINK that the drivers in and around the Lowestoft area have forgotten how to indicate.
As a cyclist through Lowestoft town I've had more than my share of near misses and got hit once.
As a motorcyclist now I fear for my life every day.
The last straw for me came at the A146/A143 roundabout when I was heading towards Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
I started to overtake three cars that were following a tanker truck. I wear a hi-vis orange coat and overtook the first car and as I further accelerated to overtake the others they both pulled out to go past the tanker and neither of them indicated.
Had I been riding a more powerful bike I have no doubt that I would have been lying in the road within a matter of moments because it was clear that neither driver took any notice of what was going on behind or around them.
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 6 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 7 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 8 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
Luckily I ride a 125cc Honda scooter and I don't have a great deal of acceleration but to the drivers of the two cars I want to say thank you for giving me yet more reasons not to want to get my driver's license and become a fellow car driver.
I feel far safer on my bike than I would in a car in traffic with people like those on the road.