Dangerous drivers forget to indicate
I THINK that the drivers in and around the Lowestoft area have forgotten how to indicate.As a cyclist through Lowestoft town I've had more than my share of near misses and got hit once.
I THINK that the drivers in and around the Lowestoft area have forgotten how to indicate.
As a cyclist through Lowestoft town I've had more than my share of near misses and got hit once.
As a motorcyclist now I fear for my life every day.
The last straw for me came at the A146/A143 roundabout when I was heading towards Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
I started to overtake three cars that were following a tanker truck. I wear a hi-vis orange coat and overtook the first car and as I further accelerated to overtake the others they both pulled out to go past the tanker and neither of them indicated.
Had I been riding a more powerful bike I have no doubt that I would have been lying in the road within a matter of moments because it was clear that neither driver took any notice of what was going on behind or around them.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Luckily I ride a 125cc Honda scooter and I don't have a great deal of acceleration but to the drivers of the two cars I want to say thank you for giving me yet more reasons not to want to get my driver's license and become a fellow car driver.
I feel far safer on my bike than I would in a car in traffic with people like those on the road.