Darts players give to good causes in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Representatives of the Lowestoft Lady's Charity Darts League have made their end of season presentation to worthwhile charities.
League secretary Sarah Self is pictured at the Hearts of Oak Pub, handing over a cheque for £1250 to Helen Morris from the Lowestoft Friends of EACH. A similar amount was later presented to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Sarah Self described how the evening was a success in what turned out to be 'another good season in Lowestoft.'
She said: 'We have raised this money throughout the season playing darts and hosting raffles. The money was given to two well-deserving charities and we also held our AGM on the night.
'We had ten teams that competed in the league, each with eight players, and the season has now finished until September.'
You may also want to watch:
Any teams interested in joining the league should get in touch via email at: email@example.com
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault