Darts players give to good causes in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Representatives of the Lowestoft Lady's Charity Darts League have made their end of season presentation to worthwhile charities.
League secretary Sarah Self is pictured at the Hearts of Oak Pub, handing over a cheque for £1250 to Helen Morris from the Lowestoft Friends of EACH. A similar amount was later presented to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Sarah Self described how the evening was a success in what turned out to be 'another good season in Lowestoft.'
She said: 'We have raised this money throughout the season playing darts and hosting raffles. The money was given to two well-deserving charities and we also held our AGM on the night.
'We had ten teams that competed in the league, each with eight players, and the season has now finished until September.'
You may also want to watch:
Any teams interested in joining the league should get in touch via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings