Date change for Lowestoft bridge work
Hayley MaceImportant maintenance work on Lowestoft's bascule bridge will take place at the end of May.Hayley Mace
Important maintenance work on Lowestoft's bascule bridge will take place at the end of May.
The Highways Agency is planning to resurface and re-waterproof the surface of the A12 bascule bridge, meaning that sections of the bridge will need to be closed overnight.
Work had been planned to start on May 2, but that has now been set back to May 23. Overnight closures will be from 8pm to 6am Sundays to Thursdays.
During the work, northbound traffic will be diverted along the A1117 Bloodmoor Road and sent along the A146 Bridge Road to cross the Mutford Lock bridge in Oulton Broad on the A117, rejoining the A12 Yarmouth Road at the Tesco roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
Southbound motorists will reverse that route.
Meanwhile local drivers will be diverted north off London Road onto Pier Terrace along to Horn Hill, Waveney Drive and Victoria Road then along Bridge Road to cross the Mutford Lock bridge.
- 1 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 2 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 3 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 4 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 5 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 6 Pontins accused of using discriminatory 'undesirable guest' list
- 7 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 8 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 9 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 10 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison
Motorists will then continue along Normanston Drive and St Peter's Street to join the A12 at the roundabout at the top of Katwijk Way Drivers heading south will reverse that route.