Date change for Lowestoft bridge work
Hayley MaceImportant maintenance work on Lowestoft's bascule bridge will take place at the end of May.Hayley Mace
Important maintenance work on Lowestoft's bascule bridge will take place at the end of May.
The Highways Agency is planning to resurface and re-waterproof the surface of the A12 bascule bridge, meaning that sections of the bridge will need to be closed overnight.
Work had been planned to start on May 2, but that has now been set back to May 23. Overnight closures will be from 8pm to 6am Sundays to Thursdays.
During the work, northbound traffic will be diverted along the A1117 Bloodmoor Road and sent along the A146 Bridge Road to cross the Mutford Lock bridge in Oulton Broad on the A117, rejoining the A12 Yarmouth Road at the Tesco roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
Southbound motorists will reverse that route.
Meanwhile local drivers will be diverted north off London Road onto Pier Terrace along to Horn Hill, Waveney Drive and Victoria Road then along Bridge Road to cross the Mutford Lock bridge.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 8 Wanted man from Lowestoft arrested in London
- 9 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 10 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
Motorists will then continue along Normanston Drive and St Peter's Street to join the A12 at the roundabout at the top of Katwijk Way Drivers heading south will reverse that route.