Day of paddlesport on Oulton Broad hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
Members of the Lowestoft and District Canoe Club teamed up with Lowestoft Rowing Club to hold a successful open day.
The Lowestoft and District Canoe Club, based in Oulton Broad, held the open day two Sunday's ago at Nicholas Everitt Park as a day of paddlesport was hailed a success.
People were able to come along and try kayaks, open canoes, sea kayaks and stand-on paddle boards – and it is hoped that those who attended will become club members.
Lowestoft and District Canoe Club can cater for youngsters aged from 10 years upwards, as well as adults. They meet on Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm and usually head out onto the water from 7pm to 9pm.
A club spokesman said: 'The aim of the open day is to breathe more life into the club and regenerate it with the introduction of new blood - although the weather was disappointing it didn't stop us going out onto the water.' Visit www.lowestoftcanoeclub.publishpath.com/ for more details.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft Rowing Club also meet at Nicholas Everitt Park, and they feature club members who compete in regattas around the country as well as club members who enjoy time on the water. Visit www.lowestoftrowingclub.org.uk/index.php for more details.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 5 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk