Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- Credit: Mick Howes
Police are awaiting toxicology results after the body of a man was discovered inside a property in south Lowestoft more than a month ago.
Emergency services were called to London Road South in Kirkley, Lowestoft on Friday, August 20 after concerns were raised for a man's welfare.
After officers gained entry to the property, the man was pronounced dead at the scene and investigations were launched.
With the man’s death still being treated as "unexplained at this stage", police however said this week that there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances, as they wait for the results of toxicology reports.
Officers arrived at the scene just after 10.20am on August 20, with onlookers describing a large police presence throughout the day.
A police cordon was set up, with Forensic Services vans, detectives and patrol cars spotted on London Road South.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said this week: “The cause of death remains unexplained at this stage, pending the outcome of toxicology results.
"However, there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances at this time.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
"A report has been submitted to the coroner.”