Dedication service supports Help for Heroes
- Credit: Ashley Pickering/Anglia Picture
People in Lowestoft are being invited to enjoy a cake and coffee morning in aid of charity.
Organised by East of England Co-op associate funeral director and local councillor Nick Webb, funds will be raised for Help for Heroes, as part of the official opening and dedication of the East of England Co-op Funeral branch.
The event will take place on Friday, June 29, between 11am and 3pm at the East of England Co-op Funeral Services community garden on Westwood Avenue.
Taking place on the eve of Lowestoft Armed Forces Day, Frank Mortimer, Chairman of Waveney District Council, has been invited to officially open the branch, with Rev David Hayden leading a dedication service and blessing at 11.30am.
Guests will then be able to enjoy hot drinks and a slice of homemade cake as part of national fundraiser Bake for Heroes. Mr Webb said: 'I myself have been a great supporter of Help for Heroes for a number of years, and am proud that Lowestoft as a community has supported Armed Forces Day for the past 13 years.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm looking forward welcoming the local community to join us for the official opening of the branch, whilst also supporting a very worthy cause.'
For more information about the event, visit the East of England Co-op Funeral Services branch on Westwood Avenue, open Monday to Friday between 9.30am to 4.30pm, or call 01502 222020.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van