Deer freed from railings in Lowestoft
A DEER stuck in railings in Lowestoft had to be freed by firefighters today (Friday).
A fire crew from Lowestoft South fire station were called out at about 6.50am to Victoria Road in the town.
They discovered the deer stuck in railings and waited for the RSPCA to arrive before attempting to free the animal.
A spokesman for the brigade said the animal was free by 7.40am, with the fire service using a 'hand pump combi-tool.'
'The deer is now in a cage awaiting arrival of the RSPCA,' the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries