Delays and disruption ahead?
MOTORISTS in Southwold could face disruption during two weeks of roadworks on the main route in to the town.Work is due to start today to resurface the A1095 from Wangford Road to the Market Place.
MOTORISTS in Southwold could face disruption during two weeks of roadworks on the main route in to the town.
Work is due to start on Monday to resurface the A1095 from Wangford Road to the Market Place.
The resurfacing, expected to take two weeks, will be carried out during normal working hours in sections, starting with Queen Street/High Street from Lorne Road to York Road.
Phase two includes Station Road from Victoria Street to Pier Avenue, and that section will be followed by the stretch of Mights Road/Halesworth Road between Pier Avenue and Wangford Road.
The junctions at Station Road/Pier Avenue, Wangford Road/ Halesworth Road and Lowestoft Road/Halesworth Road will also be resurfaced, but this work will be carried out overnight.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said that all the work should be finished by Monday, February 9.
- 1 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 2 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 3 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
- 4 Clean up operation after potato slurry spill in Lowestoft
- 5 Where will new homes be built in Lowestoft?
- 6 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 7 Work begins on demountable flood gate in Lowestoft
- 8 Care home builds 'shopping lane' to promote resident independence
- 9 Lowestoft man arrested 200 miles from home after police hunt
- 10 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
Traffic will be controlled using two-way lights where possible, but some sections of road will have to be closed and diversions