Delays and disruption ahead?
MOTORISTS in Southwold could face disruption during two weeks of roadworks on the main route in to the town.Work is due to start today to resurface the A1095 from Wangford Road to the Market Place.
MOTORISTS in Southwold could face disruption during two weeks of roadworks on the main route in to the town.
Work is due to start on Monday to resurface the A1095 from Wangford Road to the Market Place.
The resurfacing, expected to take two weeks, will be carried out during normal working hours in sections, starting with Queen Street/High Street from Lorne Road to York Road.
Phase two includes Station Road from Victoria Street to Pier Avenue, and that section will be followed by the stretch of Mights Road/Halesworth Road between Pier Avenue and Wangford Road.
The junctions at Station Road/Pier Avenue, Wangford Road/ Halesworth Road and Lowestoft Road/Halesworth Road will also be resurfaced, but this work will be carried out overnight.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said that all the work should be finished by Monday, February 9.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Pair running Suffolk cannabis factory worth up to £167k jailed
- 3 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 4 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 5 TV and prescription medicine stolen from Lowestoft home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Zeb Soanes set to host Smooth Classics at Seven on Classic FM
- 8 Man bitten on the nose as he tried to make citizen's arrest
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
Traffic will be controlled using two-way lights where possible, but some sections of road will have to be closed and diversions