Delays and disruption ahead?
MOTORISTS in Southwold could face disruption during two weeks of roadworks on the main route in to the town.Work is due to start today to resurface the A1095 from Wangford Road to the Market Place.
MOTORISTS in Southwold could face disruption during two weeks of roadworks on the main route in to the town.
Work is due to start on Monday to resurface the A1095 from Wangford Road to the Market Place.
The resurfacing, expected to take two weeks, will be carried out during normal working hours in sections, starting with Queen Street/High Street from Lorne Road to York Road.
Phase two includes Station Road from Victoria Street to Pier Avenue, and that section will be followed by the stretch of Mights Road/Halesworth Road between Pier Avenue and Wangford Road.
You may also want to watch:
The junctions at Station Road/Pier Avenue, Wangford Road/ Halesworth Road and Lowestoft Road/Halesworth Road will also be resurfaced, but this work will be carried out overnight.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said that all the work should be finished by Monday, February 9.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 7 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
Traffic will be controlled using two-way lights where possible, but some sections of road will have to be closed and diversions