Delays and disruption ahead?
MOTORISTS in Southwold could face disruption during two weeks of roadworks on the main route in to the town.Work is due to start today to resurface the A1095 from Wangford Road to the Market Place.
MOTORISTS in Southwold could face disruption during two weeks of roadworks on the main route in to the town.
Work is due to start on Monday to resurface the A1095 from Wangford Road to the Market Place.
The resurfacing, expected to take two weeks, will be carried out during normal working hours in sections, starting with Queen Street/High Street from Lorne Road to York Road.
Phase two includes Station Road from Victoria Street to Pier Avenue, and that section will be followed by the stretch of Mights Road/Halesworth Road between Pier Avenue and Wangford Road.
You may also want to watch:
The junctions at Station Road/Pier Avenue, Wangford Road/ Halesworth Road and Lowestoft Road/Halesworth Road will also be resurfaced, but this work will be carried out overnight.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said that all the work should be finished by Monday, February 9.
- 1 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 2 Norfolk hospital records first Covid-related death in five days
- 3 'Raring to go': Town's businesses ready for end of lockdown
- 4 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 5 Missing pregnant woman found 'safe and well'
- 6 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 7 Bridge closure 'postponed' until New Year
- 8 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 9 Wanted man from Lowestoft arrested in London
- 10 Transport museum to light up for families this Christmas
Traffic will be controlled using two-way lights where possible, but some sections of road will have to be closed and diversions