Delays and disruption ahead?
MOTORISTS in Southwold could face disruption during two weeks of roadworks on the main route in to the town.Work is due to start today to resurface the A1095 from Wangford Road to the Market Place.
MOTORISTS in Southwold could face disruption during two weeks of roadworks on the main route in to the town.
Work is due to start on Monday to resurface the A1095 from Wangford Road to the Market Place.
The resurfacing, expected to take two weeks, will be carried out during normal working hours in sections, starting with Queen Street/High Street from Lorne Road to York Road.
Phase two includes Station Road from Victoria Street to Pier Avenue, and that section will be followed by the stretch of Mights Road/Halesworth Road between Pier Avenue and Wangford Road.
You may also want to watch:
The junctions at Station Road/Pier Avenue, Wangford Road/ Halesworth Road and Lowestoft Road/Halesworth Road will also be resurfaced, but this work will be carried out overnight.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said that all the work should be finished by Monday, February 9.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 3 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 6 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 7 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
- 8 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 9 Car battery stolen after 'bonnet forced open' during overnight theft
- 10 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
Traffic will be controlled using two-way lights where possible, but some sections of road will have to be closed and diversions