Delightful dragonfly takes The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful shot of a dragonfly was taken by 54-year-old Douglas Anderton at Carlton Marshes.
Mr Anderton, of Carlton Colville, used his Canon 600D to take the shot.
He said: 'I was walking through the marshes with my step daughter, both with cameras in hand, taking photos and enjoying the day.
'The photo was spontaneous - the dragonfly landed next to me and seemed ready for a photo shoot.'
He added: 'To take a photo of an insect is quite difficult, they don't stay still for long.
You may also want to watch:
'Capturing this so it's crisp and sharp is also difficult, so the photo was a surprise when it turned out so good.'
As our winner, Mr Anderton receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org