Delightful dragonfly takes The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful shot of a dragonfly was taken by 54-year-old Douglas Anderton at Carlton Marshes.
Mr Anderton, of Carlton Colville, used his Canon 600D to take the shot.
He said: 'I was walking through the marshes with my step daughter, both with cameras in hand, taking photos and enjoying the day.
'The photo was spontaneous - the dragonfly landed next to me and seemed ready for a photo shoot.'
He added: 'To take a photo of an insect is quite difficult, they don't stay still for long.
You may also want to watch:
'Capturing this so it's crisp and sharp is also difficult, so the photo was a surprise when it turned out so good.'
As our winner, Mr Anderton receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 7 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 8 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 9 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org