Prehistoric visitors inspect primary school’s brand new play area
- Credit: Archant
Excited school children welcomed some carnivorous guests as a new outdoor play facility was unveiled.
Dell Primary School in Oulton Broad has officially opened its Early Years and Foundation Stage play area, complete with learning pods where children can access books, music and writing materials.
Youngsters were amazed to see the arrival of dinosaurs Squirt and Bubbles from Dino Hire, who caused a huge stir when they arrived for a look around.
The outdoor learning area boasts a vegetable patch, climbing frame and road way for imaginative play, while each class has a guinea pig to look after and can collect eggs from rescue chickens.
Caroline Moyse, leader of Foundation Stage the team, said: "The children enjoy a creative curriculum through play-based activities and are encouraged to be outside in all weather.
You may also want to watch:
"The new play area has had an enormously positive impact on the children's learning. They are happy and settled and have a real love for learning."
Anyone interested in seeing the facilities can call Dell Primary on 01502 565956.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall