Demolition of Battery Green Car Park gets under way
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The demolition of a Lowestoft car park is now under way.
Contractors began work to remove Battery Green Car Park on Monday, November 13.
Scaffolding has been installed around the facility to secure the outside as contractors take the building apart 'piece by piece'.
A ground level surface car park will replace the current four-storey facility until future development plans are reached. Work is scheduled to be completed within 13 weeks.
Motorists will be unaffected by the work however pedestrians travelling around the area will be impacted.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Waveney District Council (WDC) said: 'In consultation with Suffolk Highways appropriate signage will be put in place so people are aware of any temporary footpath closures.'
WDC announced the closure of the car park in December 2016, with the facility finally closing on March 31 this year.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 8 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 9 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
What do you think about the removal of Battery Green Car Park? Email your thoughts to email@example.com or write to Lowestoft Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.