Denes High School pupils show enterprise
PUPILS at the Denes High School, Lowestoft, have experienced what it is like to run a business during their annual Enterprise Week.The whole of year nine took part in the venture, in which they were divided into 16 groups and allocated a room each to represent their business premises.
PUPILS at the Denes High School, Lowestoft, have experienced what it is like to run a business during their annual Enterprise Week.
The whole of year nine took part in the venture, in which they were divided into 16 groups and allocated a room each to represent their business premises.
Students were allotted �3,000 of Denos currency to set up their company, and each member had to decide what role they would play, before they enjoyed an interactive talk on finance and profitability by Adam Greenfield, of Greenfields Wine Bar and Caf�, and team- building sessions with the RAF.
The next day Miles Lamdin, of Durrants Auction Rooms at Beccles, visited the school to act as an auctioneer for the 16 franchise businesses that were up for grabs.
You may also want to watch:
Later, pupils were asked to look at health and safety issues in relation to their chosen business and begin a marketing strategy.
Other activities included preparing a presentation ready for judging and producing a market stall to sell their wares to judges, teachers and students. Prizes were given at the end of the week to the winning team, Sgt Crunch, a com-pany producing Anzac biscuits.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 10 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
Year nine pupils have taken park in a maths mission run by five members of the RAF.
It was a two-day course in which they completed a carousel of activities including an exercise on six-figure grid references, security and a catering activity.