Woman left ‘gobsmacked’ after paint thrown over car in random attack
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Lowestoft has been left ‘gobsmacked’ after her car had black paint thrown over it in a random attack.
Denise Osbourne, 51, has lived in Lowestoft all her life and works as a dispenser at Haydens Pharmacy in Park Road.
On Thursday morning last week, Miss Osbourne was shocked to discover that somebody had thrown black paint over her Suzuki Swift on Milton Road West.
She described how the area of Milton Road West has the usual crime of children damaging car mirrors and windows but that this had never happened in the area before.
She said: “It happened at some point between Wednesday morning and Thursday evening.
You may also want to watch:
“I went to go and look at my car and I came across what looked like squash or oil and I quickly discovered that it was black paint.
“I was gobsmacked, I just kept thinking to myself who would target a little Suzuki Swift.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
“What’s even more bizarre is that it was only my car which was targeted on the whole street.”
Miss Osborne and Lowestoft Police believe that the crime is a random attack because no other paint related crimes have been recorded in the area recently.
Miss Osborne said: “I believe this was a random attack by kids who have nothing better to do in the area.
“Police told me that sometimes these types of crimes are by someone who holds a grudge but I don’t know of anyone who has a grudge against me.
“Thankfully the paint has now been taken off by Jordan Hepburn from JH Valeting who I can’t thank enough for restoring my car back to new.
“He did this completely free of charge and it has restored my faith in humanity.”
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police confirmed that the crime was reported for them and are appealing for information.
They said: “We were called at 9.30pm on Thursday September 17 to reports of a black Suzuki Swift having black paint poured over it in a random attack.
“The incident happened at some point between 8am on September 16 to 5.30pm on September 17.
“Anyone with information should get in contact with Lowestoft Police on 101 and quote crime reference number 54511-20.”