Police hunt BMW driver after teenage biker injured in hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting the driver of a silver BMW after a hit-and-run left a biker in hospital.
Emergency services were called to Denmark Road in Lowestoft, at around 6pm on Thursday, March 7, following reports of a crash between a car and motorcycle.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: 'It was reported a motorcycle was travelling on the eastbound stretch of Denmark Lane and was in collision with a car, travelling in the opposite direction, by the Katwijk Way traffic lights.
'The car, believed to be a silver-coloured BMW, failed to stop and is reported to have continued travelling along Katwijk Way.
'Police are making enquiries to trace this vehicle, which may have sustained damage as a result of the collision.'
You may also want to watch:
The biker, a man in his late teens, was knocked to the ground as a result of the crash and was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston but his injuries are not thought to be serious.
Witnesses or anybody with any information, or dashcam footage, are asked to call the Lowestoft Response Team at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD 264 of March 7.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 5 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk