Police hunt BMW driver after teenage biker injured in hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting the driver of a silver BMW after a hit-and-run left a biker in hospital.
Emergency services were called to Denmark Road in Lowestoft, at around 6pm on Thursday, March 7, following reports of a crash between a car and motorcycle.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: 'It was reported a motorcycle was travelling on the eastbound stretch of Denmark Lane and was in collision with a car, travelling in the opposite direction, by the Katwijk Way traffic lights.
'The car, believed to be a silver-coloured BMW, failed to stop and is reported to have continued travelling along Katwijk Way.
'Police are making enquiries to trace this vehicle, which may have sustained damage as a result of the collision.'
You may also want to watch:
The biker, a man in his late teens, was knocked to the ground as a result of the crash and was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston but his injuries are not thought to be serious.
Witnesses or anybody with any information, or dashcam footage, are asked to call the Lowestoft Response Team at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD 264 of March 7.
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open
- 9 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns